You can take it or leave it but sometimes you have to applaude powering through 6 loads of laundry in two days #reallife.
- First of all I managed to publish this post (and wrote two more)! I wrote most of it last week so all my great accomplishments were still phresh in my mind. 😉
- I made a from scratch lasagne, on a weeknight! Sneaky trick: I used homemade sauce that was frozen so I could still have the homemade sauce (key) but I didn’t have to also make it that night. Win! I also minimized some food waste by using some off-prime eggplant as a layer.
- I soaked some chickpeas and made sub-par hummus. I had a craving for hummus but I didn’t want to buy some. For some reason my homemade stuff never tastes as good, but it did satisfy the craving and saved me some money.
- I went x-country skiing for the first time since middle school! It was SO great but I had some solid hip flexor irritation the next few days.
- More athleticism: I physical activity-ed 6/7 days last week and that included 3 runs! That half-marathon has nothin’ on me!
- I participated in a conference call for my professional association, MAHE.
- Maybe most exciting: I finished preparing my fatty acid data for statistics. This may not sound grand however it involved compiling 200+ excel documents into one then doing some magic math to get the fatty acids into the right units. Next up is statistics, which is apparently complex for a randomized cross-over trial (RCT) – can’t wait to cross that bridge! Results!
- I won on a winner in Roll up to Win! Canadians out there, you know this happens once in a blue moon.
- Practiced some self-love by hitting up Thermea for a soak and a shvitz with Mr A. You have no idea how long I’ve been wanting to use the word shvitz on this blog but haven’t had the right opportunity.
Let’s chat! – How did you conquer last week? Have you ever won on a winner, does this happen more often than I think??