The past 8 months have been a complete whirl-wind. We bought a house and moved in a month later. A few weeks later we embarked on an almost 3-week trip to visit some of Canada’s East Coast. When we got home I hunkered in for the most intense 5 months of my life: writing and defending my Masters Thesis.
I’ve talked a little bit about it on the blog before, but it has been tough. The pressure of deadlines, dealing with problems with machines needed for analysis, figuring out mixed methods repeated measures statistical analysis. PHEW. Fortunately (most of) this is in my past and I’ve finally started to try and get back to a state of normal.
Today while I’m thinking out loud, I’ll be sharing a bit about what I’ve been up to and what I hope to be up to in the coming months.
- I’m finally working out again! The weather has been really on and off lately so I’ve been taking my workouts to GoodLife Fitness for virtual fitness classes + treadmill running. I’ve also been doing Yoga with Adriene & taking walks and runs in the neighbourhood when it’s nice out.
- All the cooking + baking. I’ve been cooking my books (I’ll recap in an upcoming post), we’ve been hosting brunches, and recipe testing for the blog and my new business. This brings me to…
- River City Cookery! I started a brand new project with my friend Elisabeth. A space where we share trustworthy information about food and food skills and also some of our favourite tested recipes!
- I’ve been trying to be a better home owner. I’ve tried to implement a cleaning schedule (harder than you think), started planning our garden (!!), and started discussing home maintenance and renovations with Mr A (the yard and outside are on our hit list).
- Obviously I’ve been wanderlust-ing over upcoming trips. This summer we are heading to Victoria, Montreal, and doing some local hiking and camping. I should probably also visit Calgary at some point to see my little sis. 😉
I’m also happy to be able to be a little more present here. I’ve really missed being able to connect with all of you and read and share other bloggers wonderful content. I’m hoping to get into a new posting routine here in the next few weeks – stay tuned!
Disclaimer: This post was written as part of the GoodLife Fitness Blogger Ambassador Program, however all opinions expressed are my own.