Cheers to the extra long weekend! This short week had us trying to blow through our CSA produce (past and present). I was also silly enough to accept 10lb of cherries last weekend and I’ve been occupying myself with jams and pies ever since.
Good thing I’m off to America this weekend where all I’ll be eating is Chobani, Justin’s PB, and food that can be cooked on a campfire. ooof.
What was in the basket?
- Bok choy
- Swiss Chard
- Mustard Greens
- Zucchini (1)
- Purple Basil
How did we use the items this week?
- Bok choy – Sautéed with onions, garlic, and sesame oil
- Swiss Chard – Sautéed with last week’s bok choy
- Arugula – Still in the fridge
- Mustard Greens – Still in the fridge
- Radishes – Prepped and in the fridge (cut the tops and the ends off and store in shallow water); marinated with salt and vinegar
- Zucchini (1) – Grilled Zucchini and Corn Salad
- Kholrabi – Kholrabi Fritters and froze for later use
- Rhubarb – Froze for later use
- Purple Basil – Grilled Zucchini and Corn Salad and dried for later use
What were some challenges/successes this week?
- Not enough cooking days!
- Lacking in the vegetable creativity department especially for the leafy greens. I tried really hard though and made a Pinterest Board!
- Bitter greens – if you can’t make smoothies with them apparently I’m at a loss.
- Tackling the unfamiliar Kohlarabi with ease, thanks Meghan!
- Working in some past CSA produce (patty pans and zucchini) with some new produce for a fantastic grilled salad.
- Used up most things by today – one week we will tackle everything in the basket, I promise!
Let’s chat – How am I doing so far? Are you keeping up with your shares better than I am? I hope I get some root veggies this week!!