This basket is starting to get the best of us.
I had to say it, no sugar coating here.
Things aren’t sad per se, but we definitely did not get around to cooking and eating much of what was in the basket because of how crazy our week was. Shall I take you through it?
- Bok choy
- Swiss Chard
- Patty pans (3)
- Zucchini (1)
- Garlic Scapes
How did we use the items this week?
- Bok choy – Still in the fridge
- Swiss Chard – Sautéed for dinner side dish
- Arugula – Still in the fridge
- Portulaca – Still in the fridge
- Radishes – added to salads, sliced thin and marinated with salt and vinegar – I could eat this for every meal.
- Patty pans (3) – Still in the fridge. gasp.
- Zucchini (1) – Still in the fridge…ok this is getting sad.
- Garlic Scapes – white bean and garlic scape hummus!
- Thyme – dried for later use; added to pasta sauce
What were some challenges/successes this week?
- Not cooking at home a lot lead to not eating a lot of the veggies, especially because most needed to be cooked.
- Freezer is officially getting full. I’m scared for the future.
- So. Much. food in the fridge.
- Getting creative with the scapes!
- Dried thyme for the first time (ha!). Drying herbs is so easy.
Let’s chat – No questions, but please send words of food encouragement!