I’m so impressed with how things went this week! I think we managed to go through a lot of produce but still have an appropriate amount to finish for the second week with this share. I call that a win!
On an unrelated food side note we also picked up TWENTY POUNDS of beautiful Okanagan Peaches that I’ve been playing with – so far I’ve made freezer jam, peach crisp, and balsamic peach chicken breasts. Heck yes I ate peaches with my veggies!
Let’s move onto the veggies…
Carry forward from last week:
- Mixed Greens – ended up tossing.
- Spinach – used (+ this weeks’ pick up) in a sweet potato and spinach curry
- Peas – ate with salads
- Kale – made into a smoothie, made soup!
- Scallions – ended up tossing.
What did we pick up this week:
- Kohlrabi (2)
- Swiss chard
- Zucchini (3)
- Cucumber (4)
How did we use the items in our share?
- Kohlrabi (2) – Made kohlrabi fritters! Still have some shredded in the fridge.
- Carrots – ate in lunches; some left over
- Kale – still in the fridge
- Broccoli – still in the fridge
- Swiss chard – added to balsamic peach chicken breast dish
- Zucchini (3) – grilled on the BBQ
- Peas – ate in lunches; ate in salad; some left over
- Cucumber (4) – still in the fridge (currently working on some older grocery store ones)
- Scallions – used some in soup!
- Spinach – made sweet potato and spinach curry
- Basil – garnish for balsamic peach chicken breast
Carry Forward to Next Week:
- Kohlrabi – ~3/4 cup shredded
- Cucumber (4)
What were some challenges/successes this week?
- Um none!?
- #morevegchallenge on Instagram! I was looking for a way to keep myself accountable (without having to write a blog post every day and this has been awesome. I’m encouraged to eat more veg, get inspiration from others, and connect with so many veggie loving people!! (it runs until Wednesday if you’re interested in sharing your veg-tastic eats!)
Let’s chat – So what should I do with my 16ish pounds of peaches? Have a fun, new way for me to eat up these cucumbers?