This week went pretty terribly. After coming off our unexpected travel, our to-do list grew to 1000 items and we really didn’t do much for cooking again this week. It was so bad we even ordered a pizza (GASP!).
From the recap this week it really looks like we don’t eat any vegetables! I assure you we do – I was a bad meal planner and bought a few other things that ended up leading to dishes that didn’t use any CSA veggies. The heart wants, what the heart wants – and this time it happened to be stuffed peppers.
Mr A is picking up the share for us tonight and so I’m hoping he selects some veggies that inspire us to get into the kitchen and cook em’ all (not catch em’ all).
Lets see how we did this week?
What did we carry forward to this week:
- Red Lettuce
- Mixed Greens
- Zucchini and Yellow Summer Squash
How did we use the items in our share?
- Red Lettuce – Still in the fridge – probably needs to be tossed. Direct quote from Mr A: “red lettuce is dead dude, let it go.”
- Mixed Greens – Still in the fridge
- Spinach – Still in the fridge
- Broccoli – Made stirfry!
- Peas – ate as is, added to stirfry, still some in the fridge
- Radishes – made salt and vinegar radishes and ate them all. muahaha.
- Zucchini and Yellow Summer Squash – Added to the stirfry and BBQ’d.
- Kale – still in the fridge, will probably use for a smoothie or freeze tonight.
- Scallions – used some in salads but most still in the fridge; will probably add the rest to my veg broth scrap bag in the freezer.
Carry Forward to Next Week:
- Mixed Greens
What were some challenges/successes this week?
- Buying other ingredients instead of working with what we had. It’s a hard balance between buying vegetables so that we can use the ones in the CSA (i.e. other salad veggies like peppers) and getting inspiration to use them in other ways (hello bbq’d stuffed peppers!). I also had a craving for Indian Coleslaw this week so I bought some instead of eating salad we already had.
- So we’re also moving – not sure if I mentioned that before! Now that we’ve started packing I also have to keep in mind what kitchen stuff we’ve packed. Most kitchen things will be left until the last boxes but some things (spices, food, brie baker) have already been packed away.
- I feel like I’ve had none – how horrible! OK I guess the stirfry had like 3 different CSA veggies in it, maybe that can count as a win.
Let’s chat – Who wants to be my salad (or smoothie) a day accountability partner? Why is it so hard for me to want to eat salads!? Maybe it’s all the chopping…hmm