Finally a new CSA recap! Thanks so much for all your ideas last week, they helped us have a very successful week with our CSA.
I’m so happy to share that we were gifted a chest freezer from my family last night as a house warming gift and I CANNOT WAIT to start freezing what’s left of this produce. They were also so kind to bring us enough potatoes, beets, and tomatoes to feed a small army – so who want’s to make some homemade salsa and pickled beets this weekend!?
Let’s see how we did this past week on the CSA front:
- Lettuce Mix – salad; still some left
- Spinach – shrimp burrito bowl; still some left
- 2 Green Peppers, 1 Red Pepper – salad, shrimp burrito bowls, turkey chilli tonight!
- 4 Cucumbers – salad, sliced up for lunches
- Carrots – sliced up for lunches, shredded into ramen noodle salad; still some left
- Pumpkin – nothing but I will likely roast, puree, and freeze!
- Red Onion – still in the fridge
- Potatoes – make into BBQ packs; still some left
- Italian Parsley – added to potato leek soup, topped burrito bowls, still some left – needs attention ASAP
- 2 Leeks – potato leek soup; still one left
- Green Onions – salad, ate with eggs, still some left
- Swiss Chard – sautéed as a side dish
Carry Over to Next Week:
- Lettuce Mix
- Red onion
- Italian Parsley
- 1 Leek
- Green Onions
Overall I think we did really well! The carry over items are mostly the veggies that will still do well if we keep them in the fridge for part of another week and I have plans to make a salad to go along with chilli tonight which should take care of the greens.
We get another pick up tonight (!!) and I’m excited to see if we get any other different squashes or maybe a melon (!!).
Let’s chat – What’s the first thing you would freeze if you got a brand-new chest freezer? Do you have a recipe for pickled beets or salsa?