Happy Hump Day!
I never publish posts on Wednesday’s so I’m very happy I get to send that greeting today. 😉
I haven’t been able to check in with you about our CSA in something like 7 weeks – how is that even possible!? Oh yeah, we bought a house and then disappeared on an almost 3 week long vacation!
I’m so happy to be back and to be sharing something a little different with this week’s CSA post – I need your help!! We missed a pick-up while we were away on vacation and so we’ll be picking up two full shares on back to back weeks.
Here’s where you come in: I need inspiration and help to eat all these veggies this week, because I’m getting this many again next week!
- My freezer is FULL. No jokes, I couldn’t even fit a single ice cream sandwich in there if I tried.
- I am able to pickle/can/preserve in small batches.
Here’s what I’ve got this week along with some ideas for what my rough plan is for some of them. If you would be so kind as to leave me some of your best ideas for using up as many of these beautiful gems I would be so grateful.
- Lettuce Mix
- 2 Green Peppers, 1 Red Pepper – BBQ’d or roasted
- 4 Cucumbers – cucumber salad + regular salad
- Pumpkin – soup?
- Red Onion
- Potatoes – potato leek soup with some
- Italian Parsley
- 2 Leeks – potato leek soup with 1
- Green Onions
- Swiss Chard
My ideas are limited to soup and salad which is why I need your help! Leave your suggestions in the comments below and next week I’ll share with you how I managed!
Let’s chat – What are your favourite ways to preserve flat leaf parsley? What should I do with my other GIGANTIC leek?