Roasted vegetables are one of my musts when Sunday Food Prepping. It only takes a few minutes to get them going in the oven and when they’re done, they are a great addition to almost any lunch or dinner. Some of my favourite veggies to roast include peppers, eggplant, potatoes, zucchini, and squash.
Man are these guys delicious straight from the oven.
Here is my go-to method for roasting any type of vegetable. If you can master these 6 steps, there is no vegetable you can’t roast!
1. Pre-heat the oven: 375F should do just fine.
2. Prep the vegetable(s): wash and slice or chop into uniform pieces. See below for some delicious farmers market eggplant.
3. Put prepared veggies in large bowl: toss with oil of your choice (I use olive or canola) and spices. We use a combination of the following: garlic powder, basil, thyme, Italian seasoning, oregano, onion powder, black pepper. ALWAYS add Kosher salt to the dish – salt makes everything taste better.
4. Lay out on baking sheet or roasting pan: make sure to lay out veggies uniformly and use two pans if necessary.
5. Roast: check on them every 10 minutes or so and flip after about 15 minutes, or when you notice some browning. Because this method is for ANY veggie, the cooking time will differ depending on what you’re cooking. It’s best to keep an eye on them.
6. Eat!: Pull from the oven when they look nice and brown, then mange!
What are your favourite veggies to roast? What do you like to season them with?