It’s so hard to remain exuding with happiness when we are constantly being tugged at in every direction with deadlines and due dates and emails to return. I spend so much time acting in the moment and dealing with pressing issues that I often forget about my own happiness and health. Not only am I less happier as a result but I’m also WAY more stressed.
It’s not easy to let things like this not bother me but in order to move on with my life I need to look past the things in the now and focus on me in the now. I know that sounds selfish, but sometimes when it comes to your own health and sanity its necessary.
Here are somethings I like to do when life starts making a pile on top of my head:
1. Take a 5 minute escape. Whether it be 5 minutes to zone out and play Candy Crush on your phone, 5 minutes to write a blog post, or 5 minutes to just close your eyes while at your desk.
2. Send an I love you message to that friend you haven’t talked to in a while or your significant other. Even better, arrange to catch up for a coffee later in the week.
3. Make something so incredibly delicious and then eat (most of) it. My go-to is always apple crisp. It has an illusion of healthiness and the way I make it is amazeballs.
4. Make a to-do list that has all the dates and times for when things actually need to be completed. This one is so critical for me because it allows me to see what ACTUALLY needs attention now and what can wait till tomorrow or later in the week.
5. Smile! Just smiling instantly puts you into a better mood.
Let’s chat – How do you improve your health and happiness?