I’ve been rather quiet around the blog these days, and I kind of like it. In Winnipeg we get about 3 weeks of summer so I’ve been trying to really soak up all the good-ness. Today’s Friday Favourites post is a mash-up of a few weeks, I swear I’ve had best intentions to post it!
I’ve you want to follow along with what I’ve been up too you can follow me on Instagram and you can check out my upcoming Montreal recap!!
Ultimate wins! Despite ridiculous cross winds and dimpled fields we’ve managed to pull (ha!) a few wins.
Mr A’s freedom! He’s been studying since JANUARY for an exam and is now a free bird. We’ve be adjusting to this whole having to talk to each other and share kitchen space thing when we get home from work and it’s been going very well.
My new Coal & Canary candle <3 Now I must go glamping.
Montreal! What an amazing city.
5 THINGS I ATE
Rhubarb Compote + strawberries + oatmeal. Who knew that something with such a pretentious name could be so easy to make?
Stella’s Osborne – Tomato, Pesto, and havarti sandwich; a staple in my life.
Grilled Eggplant – seriously, my favourite vegetable cooked my favourite way.
Veggie burger at Osborne Village Cafe – absolutely fantastic food.
All the Montreal Eats – including the bagels, of which I’m eating as I type this.
- Why Does Spaghetti Sauce Splatter as it Boils? via The Kitchn –> Always wanted to know this
- You Almost Certainly Don’t Need to Replenish Your Electrolytes via Weighty Matters –> This x1000
- France Passes a New Law Aimed at Cutting Food Waste – via The Guardian –> very interesting, has the potential to help in a few areas.
- “The Duff” – A Horrifying Fat Shaming Movie via Weighty Matters –> adding more to the problem
- If you perceive exercise as horrible, you might eat more when you’re done via Weighty Matters –> Just ‘because you exercised’ doesn’t mean you should treat yo’ self with a plate full of cake.