Wooo! It’s time for a much deserved long weekend and I’ll be headed out to the lake! In typical May long weekend fashion it’s supposed to rain the whole time, but I’m not going to let that stop me from having an awesome time with my family and my puppies <3
I’m spending tonight with Mr A (maybe some NuBurger will be involved) and I’m hitting the road Saturday afternoon. For now, I’m going to leave you with some of my favourites from the week & maybe I’ll be on the blogging ball and catch up with some Weekend Snapshots next week.
I hope you all have a fantastic (long) weekend!
I bought myself some pretty lilies for our table! Crossing things off my spring bucket list.
Favourite: Starting Ultimate Frisbee this week. Not favourite: having a hybrid panic/asthma attack in the middle of the field. 😐
New Toms! Florals are my fav.
5 THINGS I ATE
Cupcake and candy bar at the Human Ecology Grad.
Brunch at Promenade. That raspberry jam <3
Sautéed shrimp + pasta. Gettin’ our omega-3’s.
I’m fully aware that I’m about three weeks behind in blog post reading but I want to make sure to show off and share all of the posts that really strike me as being awesome + informative.
- The 5 Most Common Weight Loss Mistakes via Pretty Little Grub –> So on point.
- What ‘Food Porn’ Does to the Brain via The Atlantic –> reaallllly dislike the term ‘food porn’ but this is a great take on sharing pictures of food.
- 30 Recipes You Should Know by the Age of 30 via The Kitchn –> I can’t believe I’ve made all of these before, looks like I’ve spent
sometoo much time in the Kitchen.
- People Don’t Know What’s Healthy via The Atlantic –> Great read. I find it fascinating that due to misguided and ill informed public pressure Big Food is making changes in their products when the products really aren’t good for you in the first place. I’m lookin’ at you diet pepsi.
- Australian School Goes ‘Water Only’ via Weighty Matters –> While I love this idea I can already hear North American parents complaining about how taking away their sugar sweetened beverages infringes their rights as a citizen.
Let’s chat! – What are your weekend plans? What’s your favourite bedtime snack?