Happy Friday! It’s been a while since I was able to get one of these posts out, but that’s good for you because now I have lots to share!
Let’s get right into some favourites from the past week (or so)
Buds on my orchid! I received a beautiful orchid last summer and I’ve managed not to kill it thus far. It must really like me because it grew a new stem and at least 7 flower buds.
Stay-cation! This past weekend Mr A and I celebrated our anniversary in style with a stay at Inn at the Forks and a massage. It was so nice to just remove ourselves from life for a night and enjoy each others company and a bottle of champagne (!). Crossing things off my Spring Bucket List.
Moksha membership. I have been LOVING my Moksha membership (hot yoga). I know that I really enjoy going to classes so finally decided to take the plunge on the membership. It makes me feel powerful and amazing.
Wine and Cheese Party. While the party was intended to be delicious and fun, it was also a going away party for a co-worker, which was sad. It’s a really good thing there was a lot of wine and cheese around.
Patio Weather. Although that has come and gone now I sure enjoyed it while it was here.
5 (ish) THINGS I ATE
Apple tart. You guys. I made an apple tart, and it was amazing.
Bread from Tall Grass Prairie + KRAFT peanut butter & honey. treat yo self to the extra sweet stuff sometime.
Sausage board at SMITH – 4 types of sausage, spicy lentil and pita, HB eggs, tomatoes, olives, and pickles.
- School PE Isn’t the Ticket out of Childhood Obesity via Weighty Matters –> while I think it HELPS, it’s certainly not the only solution.
- 10 ways to save money on groceries via Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen –> Some fantastic tips for shopping on a budget
- Probiotics: Good for your gut or good marketing? via Pretty Little Grub –> Perfect post to brush up on your probiotics knowledge
- Sharing a Kitchen with a Partner Who Loves Cooking as Much as You Do via The Kitchn –> AKA story of my life.
- 5 Reasons Why The Joy of Cooking Should Remain on Your Bookshelves Forever via The Kitchn –> Love the Joy of Cooking, it literally has every recipe you could ever need.
Let’s chat! – Have you ever taken a vacation in your own city? What’s your favourite cookbook?