Short weeks are fantastic! I’m so well rested, I got so much done in 4 days, I ate so many fries and gravy, and I made great Gilmore Girl progress; this week couldn’t have been better. Ok, maybe an ultimate win could have made it better…
This weekend I’m headed off for some more rural adventures so with that I’ll leave you with some favourites + reads and we’ll chat again next week! Adiós!
Ps Happy Long Weekend American friends!
I’m officially a Professional Home Economist! You can all refer to me now as Melissa, PHEc. Just kidding (kind of..). But wait, what is a PHEc?
It’s sprouting season at the Mango house. Again, when Mr A is away Melissa plays (with food).
Solid weekend at the lake, despite the snow. Long weekends are the best.
Going to Montreal! I can bet this will be a reoccurring favourite until the middle of June when we get back. I’m very excited to eat all the delicious food and see all the pretty things.
5 THINGS I ATE
Meiji Sushi, again + a Martini
Homemade chicken noodle soup 110% from scratch, and it was damn delicious.
The aforementioned fries and gravy x 3. Funny enough I have no photographic proof.
Homemade chickpea + spinach curry
- Why do we drink coffee in the morning? via The Kitchen –> Well I guess it is better than alcohol…
- Aussie Video Explains Why Serving Sizes are Nonsense via Weighty Matters
- Why I Don’t Buy Fat-Free Yogurt via The Kitchn –> Great piece, fat free yogurt is grooooss.
- Will weighing yourself daily help you to loose more weight? via Weighty Matters
- 5 Things I Learned While Teaching Kids To Cook via The Kitchn –> All of these are so true. Teaching kids about food and nutrition is so rewarding.
- The Pseudoscience of Beauty Products via The Atlantic –> If you haven’t checked out ‘Is Gwyneth Paltrow Wrong About Everything?‘ you better get on it!
Let’s chat – What should I try sprouting next? What are you up to this weekend?