I’m so happy we’ve had amazing weather the last few days (minus the Interstellar-esque dust storm on Wednesday, wth was that about!?). There’s supposed to be some snow in the future (gasp!) so I hope to get outside for a run this weekend to enjoy the warm before it disappears again!
5+ THINGS I ATE
I totally meal planned this week (that never happens..) and we enjoyed some pretty delicious meals including: lemon dill salmon, Oh She Glows Favourite Veggie Burger (from the cookbook), and a completely brown meal made up of roasted eggplant, potatoes, and chicken.
One of the best bowls of tomato soup ever from Mona Lisa. It was absolutely massive and absolutely incredible.
Lemon Torte from La Grotta to celebrate my Oma’s 70th birthday!
ALL THE CUPCAKES at a bridal shower. #noshame
The Jets made the play offs! They play Anaheim for game one Thursday night (aka when I’m writing this),
so I’m hoping for a win boo, no win. It just baffles me that California has 3 NHL teams.
There are leaves on the trees! I literally smiled when I first saw them, then I got instantly excited for all the delicious spring veggies that I’m going to eat.
Officially signed up for Ultimate Frisbee and the Manitoba Marathon Relay. Check, check off my Spring Bucket List.
I’m all signed up to go to the Canadian Nutrition Society Conference that’s being held in May in Winnipeg! Some solid speakers are lined up and in true Manitoba fashion the graduate students will be holding a SOCIAL at the Children’s Museum, yes you read that right.
Watching Mr A make his acting debut at Celebrations Dinner Theatre. The lucky guy got pulled up for some audience participation and had a dance with one of the characters.
I’m so behind on my blog reading but here are some of my favourites from the past few weeks!
- What’s the deal with GMO’s? via Pretty Little Grub –> Great post with REAL information and not pseudoscience.
- For a More Creative Brain, Travel via The Atlantic –> I have the travel bug reaaaal bad right now. Someone take me somewhere, please.
- 10 Questions Not to Ask a Food Blogger via Hummusapien –> This x100.
- How to Make a Sourdough Starter via Smart Nutrition –> Be prepared for thousands of bread photos in the near future.
- Egg Yolks are More than Just Protein and Fat via More Than Just Dessert –> See, eggs are fantastic (minus the runny ones, those ones are horrible).
Let’s Chat! – Are you a runny yolk person? If so, HOW!? Are you following NHL playoffs?