Happy Friday! Holy cannoli, it’s beautiful here in Winnipeg today. I enjoyed a lovely walk outside – everything is melty and the sidewalks are full of rough, melting snow, and are a workout in themselves.
Mr A has been away for work to British Columbia and I’m trying not to be too jealous – it helps we’re having such great weather. While he’s been away I’ve been getting down to business in the kitchen, both cleaning and cooking and marking all the nutrition assignments! #productivity
What was I favourite-ing this week you ask?
The feeling of slipping into bed with fresh, clean sheets. Ahhhh so cozy.
Oh She Glows Favourite Veggie Burgers. The recipe is in her cookbook and it’s fantastic – so flavourful. I went all out and served it with a slice of friulano, homemade french fries, and cucumber + tomato on the side.
My GINORMOUS aloe vera plant has gotten so big. He/she needs a name, any ideas?
Montreal Bagels. My friend brought me back some sesame ones. I would move to Montreal just for the bagels (Ok, and the smoked meat).
The Stuff You Should Know Podcast. As per usual, I’m still on a podcast kick. This week I was learning about extinction, viruses, and the great train robbery.
Weekly Reads – So many great reads this week guys, read up!
- You Never Regret a Workout via Summer Tomato
- The Diet Cult and Fad Phenomenon via Real Food Now (Do I smell a blog revival coming??)
- The low down on ‘bars’ via the Real Life RD
- Why fro yo isn’t healthier than ice cream via Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen
- How Multitasking is Ruining Your Mind and Mood via Delights and Delectables
- The Benefit of Recess Before Lunch via The Atlantic