This Festive Beet and Feta Salad will bring a gorgeous pop of colour to your holiday table. It’s easy to put together and takes no time at all!
Tis two days before Christmas and all through the house…
It’s still business as usual and I have more tasks to accomplish than can fit on my to-do list.
That’s ok though because I have a quick and easy holiday side dish recipe to share with you today that can be thrown together for any festive occasion in about 15 minutes flat.
As an added awesome bonus, this salad adds a fresh pop of colour to the typical brown/beige holiday dinner-scape.
- 1.5 lb. Beets, peeled and cubed (about 4-5 medium)
- ½ cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Mint, finely chopped loosely packed
- 2 Green Onions, diced white and green parts
- 2 tbsp. Sunflower Seeds or Walnuts (optional)
- ¼ cup Canola Oil
- 2 tbsp. Vinegar (cider vinegar would work well)
- ½ tsp. Cumin
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Add cubed beets to a medium sized pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Prepare dressing while beets are cooking by adding all ingredients together into a small mason jar and shake to combine.
- Add beets (cooled or still warm) to serving bowl and add about half of the dressing you prepared. Mix to coat the beets.
- Top the dressed beets with feta and then green onions, mint and sunflower seeds/walnuts.
- Salad can be served warm or chilled.
Let’s chat – Do you have any go-to quick and easy festive holiday recipes? How do you introduce colour to the typical holiday dinner-scape?